We pay a competitive rate of interest on Term Deposits because you invest
for a fixed term. Your interest rate is protected for that
The Term Deposit you select and the interest rate you receive will depend on the amount of money you wish to invest (the principal); the length of time you wish to invest it for (the term) and when and how you want the interest paid.
| Competitive Interest
|| Lock into one of our great rates! (PDF, 106KB)!
| Minimum Balance
|| We offer a range of term deposits from $500 or more. At most banks you will need $1000.
| Investment Term
|| We offer terms from one month up to 60 months (5 years)
| Interest Payment
|| The interest rate is fixed for the agreed term. You can elect to have interest paid:
- On maturity (at the end of the term agreed to);
- Monthly (on anniversary of the date of deposit);
- Quarterly - March, June, September, December (on anniversary of the date of deposit); or
- Yearly (on anniversary of the date of deposit).
When your interest is paid, it may be:
- Reinvested by you together with your principal into a completely
new term deposit;
- Credited automatically to any of your other Wide Bay Australia
- Credited automatically to an approved account at another financial
- Posted to you by cheque; or
- If you elect to have interest paid on maturity,
unless you advise us to the contrary, your interest will be automatically
reinvested together with your principal in a new term.
|Options on maturity
|| At the end of your term, unless we are notified in writing, your deposit will be automatically renewed for the same term and at the current interest rate at that time.Alternatively, you may notify us up to two calendar days either side of the maturity date and:
- Transfer your investment to a different term deposit;
- Deposit to or withdraw from the term deposit;
- Have the full amount of your term deposit paid to any of your other accounts with Wide Bay;
- Have the full amount paid to you by cheque;
- Use the funds to pay any of your bills displaying the BPAY® symbol
- You will receive a personalised Investment Record showing
all details of your Term Deposit
- Free statement every 12 months (normally on the anniversary
of your term deposit opening date)
- Additional free statements or updated Investment Record on maturity
- available on request
- Cash or cheque deposit
at a branch
- Direct Credit from another financial institution to your
Wide Bay Australia account
- Transfer from another Wide Bay Australia account
|| You can add to an existing Term Deposit up to two calendar days either side of the maturity date
|| Operate more than one Term Deposit under the same number for different purposes.
| Account Fee Concession
|| There are no account fees. You will also receive an automatic exemption
on the monthly Account Fee for your Today’s
Choice Account under your same client number.
||If you are a Wide Bay Australia home loan and/or line of credit customer with a Home Options Package you are eligible to apply for a Term Deposit bonus interest rate Package Benefit.
Wide Bay Australia Ltd ABN 40 087 652 060 (AFS Licence No: 239686) is the issuer of this account/these accounts and any non-cash payment facilities that may be used in conjunction with them. To decide if they are appropriate for you please carefully read the booklet 'Your Guide to Wide Bay Australia's Accounts and Banking Services' (PDF, 1.19MB)
® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd (ABN 69 079 137 518)